Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Cancer takes the Strong People

Cancer takes the strongest people. They fight for days, months, and years. They keep sight of the end goal they never stop fighting. They go through treatment and more treatment is it worth it yes and no. It makes them better the pain it causes them isn't worth it. I remember vividly January 17, 2008 it was a Thursday. That was the day my best friend was diagnosed with pnemioa. What they didn't know for about a month it was lung cancer. She went through treatment and was strong. She went into surgery to get part of her right lung removed. They said she would make it. She didn't make it. It was so sad to me to watch her die. It was a struggle. My life has changed I lost my best friend. I now run the American Fork Utah half marathon to find a cure for cancer. I miss her everyday. She taught me many things. The memories I have of her are my favorite.
My old boss's cancer has came back she is going through treatment again. She is a fighter. She keeps going strong even on the hard days she is still positive about it. She has never once said why me. She just says yeah it sucks but I will conquer it again. She is truly an amazing lady and such a great example to me. She helped me find happiness in a job and she knew that when I left I was ready to spread my wings and fly.
Cancer takes the strongest people. The people I love the most. Not a day goes by I don't think of my Grandma I wish she knew how much I love her. I take her flowers. She was amazing. She never stopped fighting.
Cancer doesn't choose favorites! Keep the faith and never lose sight of the end goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment