Why does something that felt so right, feel so wrong?
I knew I was supposed to go to UVU and it is a fine school but I feel like it isn't the place for me I am working hard but its like professors don't care they just want their paycheck. Teachers make a huge difference in peoples lives. I know that not because I was raised by one.
Over the years I have had many teachers some better than others. As I sit in my math class I think of how he doesn't care about his students and how if he just showed a little love to his students more would pass his class. I think of all the amazing teachers I have had and that have made a change in my life for the better. They all have had a special part in my life, they have changed it for the better!
I have had some amazing ones in my life. As I sit in math I think of a wise math teacher who taught me songs about math. I think about it when I am reviewing the concepts. They come back into my mind and I remember what I learned when I was in 10th grade and that was back in 2007. He had so much love for his students and how he always made us feel important. He always would ask us how we were doing and made us feel like we mattered he never once made us feel stupid for asking questions.
Another example is my cross country coach who would do anything for anyone. He is truly a loving man. He always believes in his runners he doesn't care if you are a fast runner he just cares if you finish and do your best. He treats you like family.
The most important teacher I have had in my life have been my parents. My mom has helped us with our homework ever since I can remember she would sit down with us and we would work together. she doesn't do math but my dad does. She helps us with our papers for school even in college. She helps us reach our dreams. She drops everything for us. When it is an emergency on our part she stops everything to help us figure out what is wrong and we get through it. I see how she has made a difference in the lives of the students that she has taught I know she may not see it but one comes over every Halloween to see her. They talk to her in the grocery store. My mom makes them feel like they are the only person in the world. She loves them as her own. She treats them like she would her own kids she doesn't give my brother or I special treatment when it comes to school. She taught us how to never give up and to follow our dreams. She is an amazing lady! I am so lucky to call her my mom! I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for her. She is the most amazing lady I know! I love her so very much!
Then the next teacher would be my dad he helped us with math, chemistry. He taught me how to mow a lawn, drive a car and to wear sneakers when I mow. It may seem silly to you but they are some big things. I love my dad so much! I am so blessed to have him in my life!
I think of all the times that I have needed help in school and who were the ones who came to the rescue?! Mom and dad! They are truly my heroes!
I then start to think about why I changed my major to nursing from teaching. Not because I don't want to teach but I know nursing is where I need to be why I will never know but one day I will. I know that they are both good fields and they change peoples lives if you let it. It takes a special person to be a teacher.
I know that teachers are amazing people! I am so blessed to say I was raised by one because she has changed my life and has given me the best life I could of ever asked for. She has taught me it is important to get an education. That is what I am doing know matter how hard and how much I want to give up! The struggle is real but with faith and family anything is possible. I know that if we put all are trust in the lord we can accomplish anything. True story I served a mission I know anything is possible with Christ. I am so thankful for the knowledge I have of this gospel and to know that everything will happen in his time. Trusting him in all that we do is the best thing we can ever do. Heavenly Father is always there for us just like are family. We can be million miles away or just a 100 but we are never to far from our Heavenly Father he is just want for us to come to him in pray. We need to go to heaven mart and trust that things will work out for the best!
Keep the Faith! Over and Out!
No comments:
Post a Comment