Thursday, September 24, 2015

Blessings, Tender Mercies!

What a weekend I have had. Homework most of it done, lagoon with my family and best friend, then my car exploded.
I go home on the weekends to work at the bakery. I love it there! The people and the place itself. I came home Sunday morning so I could go try my new ward out. I was driving like usual. Nothing new then all of the sudden I could smell burning rubber didn't think much of it. Got to the driveway of my aunt and uncles and then the problems began. My car was smoking! I called my uncle Spencer and asked if it was normal he asked if it was steam I said I don't think so. (I know the difference between steam and smoke) I opened the hood and what did I see a broken belt and smoke! I called my dad and he came to look at it.
My dad took it to the shop and now here we are. Riding the front runner living the dream. I remember when waking up at 4:45 wasn't a big deal now I have a hard time getting out of bed at 5:21. I get to wake up earlier so I can make it to the train so I can get to school on time and find the right bus to get on.
As I think of the experience of having my car exploded. It could of been so much worse my mom has told me how lucky I was to have been in the driveway and it is true. I could of been on the freeway and it could of started are fire. All it was, was a broken belt and A/C. It will cost money to fix but my parents always tell me cars are replaceable and I am not.
I have learned this week to count my blessings. It maybe a struggle to live the dream car less but at least I know my Father in heaven loves me because it happened when I was safe. I know that the little things in life mean the most.
I am so blessed to have a dad who is a mechanic and know what to do when a car decides to smoke and a lawn mower loses its guts. I have seen the tender mercies of the Lord this week in my life. I have had people offer to give me rides and help me out. I have seen how many people car because it has happened to them in similar ways or just because they truly care. I have seen the pure love of Christ in my aunt and uncle this week to. To see how much the love me and care about me. I know it is a joke not having a car but they are troopers.
I am truly blessed to have had this experience and to learn more about myself. I have learned how to get on a bus and figure out where to go. I still can't read a map but I can read times.
Blessings and Tender Mercies are everywhere we just need to look for them in our lives.
Have a wonderful week. Until next time! Peace out Cub Scout.

No comments:

Post a Comment