Hello Blogger Fam!
I wrote this a week ago. I want to share a story about my week. I know I have talked about fear before and I am sure you are saying Jill what are you afraid of now. I teach first grade and I used to love my job but this year has been hard. I have a wonderful bunch of students and a few special friends. I want to tell you about Wednesday.
I went to school as I always do and got here a little later than usual because I talked too long at the gym but that's fine. It is where I complain and they just listen like they understand what I am saying. I get the best advice at 0530 in the morning. Just a normal day and then at 0945 a switch flipped in one of my students, he tried to escape texted who I needed to then finally sent the rest to recess at 1000. At 1015 when they come back I am at the East door and Mr. Friendly is at the West door taking punches from this student. I say hey Harley (name changed) I need your help he comes to me and then I hear Mr. Friendly say you will not hit her. So Harley runs back to the door to get out at this point Mr. Friendly is outside holding it. I am teaching cursive and praying so hard for this to be over. The look in that student's eye was like I am going to hurt you. The anger in that student I saw that day. I am afraid of animals as you all know. That fear filled my heart and my mind. I was standing at the back of the room trying to figure out how to save my students from this angry soul. I am paralyzed I can't move, I can't breathe. My boss sends a text, Jill we just need the data, I'm sorry you are doing great. I'm holding back the scared tears. Then a lady comes in and tackles him and I get my class to look at me and then I send them to math. Shaken, confused, scared in the corner and the only thing I could do was pray in my head to be able to teach math and to get out of the corner. Ever since I was 16 when I lost my best friend when times have gotten hard I have sung I am a Child of God in my head. That is the only thing that day that kept the tears away, because I knew my Heavenly Father loved me! He loved my little Harley too. I know that my Heavenly Father will protect me always but this day was a day that I knew it, because I couldn't have finished the day without the love of my Heavenly Father and help. I will never forget the way I felt that day and the fear that was inside me. I learned a valuable lesson that day. You can only ignore so much until then you can't move, you can't breathe and you just pray to make it out alive. I never want my students in my class to ever have to feel like that. I am there to protect them and I will do whatever it takes to protect them!
I know that you are probably thinking Jill you are over dramatic and yes most days I am but not this day. It was a huge thing and yet still nothing is really being done about it. I ate lunch in my car even though I am not supposed to. I ate lunch there because I knew that it was safe and no one could get to me or hurt me in there because I have the power to keep them out. What an adventure of the week! I love my job! I love my students. Sometimes you just get some punches that you aren't ready for.
Well, I am off to my next adventure. Until next time Peace Out Cub scout. Work hard, Play harder, RUN YOUR HEART OUT! Never lose sight of the end goal. Keep the Faith! Peace and Love! Over and Out! When life gets hard, drink a COKE! 😊
No comments:
Post a Comment