Monday, November 2, 2020

Find the Simple Things!

Hey Blogger Fam! 


It is me again and I am sure you are thinking what are you going to complain about today. Well, I want to take a different approach. Today I want to tell you some things that I am grateful for and so blessed to have in my life. I know right now this world is hard to live in and hard to survive and sometimes it seems that it is easier to be dead than alive. I want to be the first to tell you that you are loved. You are cared about and you matter to someone and that someone is me! YOU MATTER TO ME! I am so grateful to have you in my life even if it was just for a short while.

I am so grateful for the horrible roommate I had a year ago because it has taught me that not everyone is like that. It has helped me find some amazing roommates who have become my best friends! They celebrated my birthday for a week with me. They let me feel like I mattered and I was worth it. They even had birthday surprises for me. They decorated the house while I was running a half marathon! Even the neighbors wished me a happy birthday.

Here is another reason I am grateful for my roommates: we work different schedules, I am a teacher, one roommate is a nurse, and one works on a computer. My nurse roommate went out of her way when I forgot something to bring it to me at work so I could feel better about the way I looked. She didn't question it or even think twice about it. She almost got caught in the carpool line but she was more than willing to help me out! 

I am grateful for the people I work with the ones that I have become friends with and the ones that I have become enemies with. I am so sad to see how this year has gone from the friendships that were made last year to now how they are like non-existent because of social distancing. I know we can still call and text but it hurts my heart to see how close we were to not being nearly that close. I love the support team I have because I know that I have at least 4 people in my corner.

I am grateful for nature and the natural beauty and the silence of it all. I love to go and just listen to the birds chirp and the wind blow. The peace that fills the soul is so real. I am thankful for the mountains! 

I am grateful for my ability to run and I am so thankful for the foot doctor who has made it possible for me to run again. I am glad he took the time to figure out what was really wrong with it and not just say or it is this and you will have to take medicine forever. 

I am thankful for the simple things because it is the simple things that mean the most in life. Even a simple note to say hi or even a fresh baked loaf of bread. Just the simple things are the things that mean the most. I am so grateful for the people who do little things for me not because they have to but because they want to, they do it because they know that I am about to burst and can't handle it anymore.

I am so grateful for my family, my parents and my brother. I am thankful for them for many reasons. They put up with me even when I am not very nice. My dad fixes my car when it is having problems and he always says it is just a part of life. My mom goes to the fabric store with me and helps me pick out fabric for quilts I am making and even pillow cases. We get kits to work on together okay so mainly me but I wouldn't change it for the world. Josh is my best friend. He comes and helps me hang pictures. He takes my chair back when it is the wrong one to get the right one and then he puts it together for me. I have the best family in the world.

I am thankful for many things. I am done with the negative. I am working on letting go. I am going to work on the positives on my blog from now on. I don't want the world to see the sadden girl who is living in darkness. I want the world to see the girl that I am the one with a smile even when running a half marathon. I want the world to see me as a person who loves others. I want the world to know this life is hard but together we will make it through.

I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us and sometimes it is a hard pill to swallow but it is all in his timing. I am so grateful for the plan he has for me even though it is different than my own. 

I am truly blessed to live the life I live and have the wonderful family that I have. I love family. They are the people who remind me that it is okay to be different and to be me. I have some amazing parents and an amazing brother! 

I am off to my next adventure. Until next time Peace Out Cub scout. Work hard, Play harder, RUN YOUR HEART OUT! Never lose sight of the end goal. Keep the Faith! Peace and Love! Over and Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment