Hello Fam!
What a crazy week it has been! I have never really fully understood the 72 hour kit and being prepared. I mean being prepared yes I get but this was a week that changed my whole way of looking at it.
I had the experience where I had to pack up my life just the essentials of what I was going to need for a week to survive and to get out. Including food, clothes, bathroom belongings, everything needed to be alive. When it happens it is an adrenaline rush like you have never felt the feelings of the unknown the worry of when can I go back. Where am I going to go? What am I going to do? Well let me tell you. It is okay to be scared and nervous but there is NO REASON TO NOT BE PREPARED! I learned that the hard way. I have never been afraid of COVID. I always joked about getting it but when my roommate got it and that meant I might have to quarantine. My world turned upside down.The fear of having nowhere to go the fear of not being able to go back to my house, the fear of leaving my students for 2 weeks. My mind was going so many miles an hour I would have never guessed that I would panic. (I am a panicier so why I thought I would be calm is beyond me.)
I talked to my boss and she said get out don't go home get out! I went and packed my bags and the car with everything I could think of that I would need and little did I know that I would need more. I am able to run to my house and grab a few things as long as I am quick. My roommate also leaves it on the porch for me.
My nurse roommate who doesn't have it is cleaning non stop to make sure it is safe for us to be there. I can't go home because I don't have a place to shower or go to the bathroom. Because the COVID people said that the COVID positive person needs their own bathroom. I ran to the house to get some food last night and it was so gloomy, it was a ghost town. It doesn't look lived in, if you looked super close you could see tumbleweed just tumbling by.
I talked to my roommate yesterday and we decided in two weeks when we get to come back together and live again that it will be the best day ever. The Eagle will hide, the tree will be up and all the other decorations too.
I know that Heavenly Father knows what he is doing and he is just preparing us for what is to come. I know that being prepared is a necessity and I will always be ready now. I am so thankful for the love and knowledge that I have of the gospel because without it this week, I would have been so lost and alone with no one on my side. I had my Father in heaven on my side on the dark lonely nights he was the one there protecting me from the demons of the world. He was the one who was listening to my struggles the nights I couldn't sleep. I know that I am loved and thatI am safe. I think of the conference talk that said.."I don't feel safe, but I know I am safe!"
The world we live in is crazy and fast. Sometimes we just need to stop and take a deep breath and remember it may be the new normal but it is possible to live in.
Moral of this post is to be prepared, expect the unexpected and don't lose sight of the end goal. Have a go bag ready to go with everything you will need for a week even if it seems silly you will be glad you did.
I am off to my next adventure. Until next time Peace Out Cub scout. Work hard, Play harder, RUN YOUR HEART OUT! Never lose sight of the end goal. Keep the Faith! Peace and Love! Over and Out!
No comments:
Post a Comment