I remember a day when they left me at a place I never thought possible. I cried for weeks because I knew I wouldn't see them for a long time! They hugged me and said return with honor and I did just that. They left me a week ago at the airport in the security line and said we'll see you soon. I didn't comprehend the adventures I was going on. It didn't seem real I got to Peru and that still seemed so surreal. As I sat alone for a day that was when I knew I was on my own and no one cared. I knew my parents did. I knew they did because they left me at the airport to embark on my Peru Adventure. I love that they let me go to Peru to see the schools here. I loved to see the students there they were so loving. I don't speak the language but it is amazing to see how they love to have visitors.
I am so thankful that my parents let me go. They got me all set to go. They helped me pack. They got me all ready. When they left the security line. I knew that for once in my life that nothing is impossible. I am so thankful that they let me spread my wings to fly and are willing to pick up the pieces when I fall.
I am off to bed! Keep the faith! Never lose sight of the end goal. Work hard play hard run runner. Peace out Cub scout!
Saturday, May 13, 2017
The Day they Left Me to Fly
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment