Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Training is Important


Training is Very Important

Why is training so important? It is important to train your muscles so you don’t pull anything or break anything. You must know what you are doing. Running isn’t easy. You have to work at it like you have to work at anything in life. If you don’t train right you can ruin the experience of running. I know this because when I was a senior in high school I ran cross country and track. I tore the ligaments in my right foot in the first race of track season. It was no fun, because senior year is a big deal. I didn’t think I did anything bad to my foot, it just hurt badly. The next day it was swollen really badly and I went to school and walked on it. I went and saw the doctor and he told me that I tore my ligaments I was devastated. He told me I couldn’t run for three weeks and I was like “No, I have to run its senior year.” I didn’t run for two weeks if I would have waited the extra week like I should of I wouldn’t be having to so many problems with my foot now. I learned through this experience if you listen to the doctors and let your muscles heal you will be better off than if you don’t. It may not ruin the rest of your life but you may not be able to accomplish everything you planned because you didn’t train right. You need to know what your limits are, that is something that you have to learn while you’re training. Make your training fun because if you don’t it is going to seem like a burden and some days you may not want to but you just go out and do it and you feel so much better about yourself and life you’ll even have more energy.

Running for fun and games

No comments:

Post a Comment