Run a Marathon or a Half Marathon that is the Question
There are many different parts to running a marathon. It’s physically demanding, including extensive training. Mental thinking is a big contributor to running. You need to have the will power to think you can and never give up. You need to have the motivation to actually do it and not be afraid of the miles that you are going to run. Emotional mind set is a big part of running as well. Running is a way to get out anger or sadness or to just get away from the world for a while.
It doesn’t matter if you are fat, skinny, or just average anyone can run if they just set their mind to it. You don’t have to have a love for running or for walking. If you just have a goal to do a marathon you can if you just set your mind to it. Running a marathon takes a lot out of you. You’re going to be very sore the next day and may not want to move. But if you think about it, it is quite the accomplishment. Or maybe it was just a recent goal that you set.
Follow Your Dreams
Don’t let anyone hold you back. Don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t. That is the worst thing you can ever do. I have done that it the past. I may not be the fastest runner in the world but at least I am out there doing it. I ran Cross Country when I was in high school. I love to listen to the people who ask my mom why she makes me run, my mom’s reply was always, “I am not. She is doing it for her and to prove you people wrong that even a fat chick can run.” I was never a runner before I used to dread it when my P.E. teacher was like we are going to run the mile I would always be so afraid because I was slow. In ninth grade something inside of me changed the way I looked at life. I heard of people running marathons and I wanted to be one of those people, so I started to run. I never thought the day would come that I could run a half marathon and not stop and run the whole thing, it made me sore but that was a given. I was the slowest person on the team but no one ever cared we worked together to make everyone better. I came in last every race but I never once cared because I was always first at my house. Someone had to be last so why not be me? It takes a stronger person to be last than first. By the time I was a senior in high school I showed many team members’ moms what it was like to run no matter what shape or size you are. Anyone can do it if they put their mind to it and go for it. You may not want to run a marathon or just aren’t ready but know that anyone can do it if you just try.
Ready get set go!
No comments:
Post a Comment