Sunday, February 25, 2024

I should have stopped.

 Hello Blogger Fam! 

Have you ever had a regret or done something that you wish you hadn't or something that you wish you had. Well, this past Thursday on my normal commute to Brigham City. I was driving as I normally do, it was muddy at the start and then once I got 11 miles on the dirt road then it was smooth sailing. I continued on my journey past Park Valley and then got to the Kelton sign and the road was wet and icy. My car started sliding in and out of the lane and all I could do was hold the steering wheel and pray that I wouldn't hit the barriers and luckily no cars were coming. I got control back and I could see car parts on the side of the road and then there was a man holding his front bumper. I didn't stop I drove by. I didn't stop. That was the worst decision that I have ever made. I haven't stopped thinking about that split second decision. I drove 1 mile and turned around and someone had stopped to help him. I was so grateful for that man who stopped to help that man because I was a jerk. I should have stopped! 

I texted my principal and asked her if it was her husband stopped to help a man right passed the Kelton sign and she said yes. 

I should have stopped. I know that I can't change the past but I can decide now that if I can be of service to someone. I will  stop and help them. 

I hope that if there ever comes a day that I am on the side of the road someone will stop and help me and not be a Jill and just look and drive by. I did turn around and to go check on him but I still should have stopped. 

Make the choice now on the person that you want to be. If you want to be the person who stops or the person who drives by. I know we are all busy and have many things on our minds but you never know how something so simple will change your life.

Until next week! Send Coke! I mean that with all seriousness or grape crush is accepted too. 😉


I am off to my next adventure. When life gets hard, drink a coke.😊  And don’t forget to pray because sometimes that’s all you have. Until, next time, Peace Out Cub Scout. Work hard, play harder, RUN YOUR HEART OUT! Pray a little louder! Never lose sight of the end goal! Keep the Faith! Peace and Love! Over and Out! 


No comments:

Post a Comment