Monday, August 29, 2022

The Check In

Hello Blogger Fam!

What a crazy month I have had! School started and I have quite the bunch of students. I love them so much! I would like to tell you a story about what has happened in my life. Over the past few days my mom has gotten sick and it reminds me of when I was 18 years old so 12 years ago almost to the day. She is sick with an infection they don't know how or where it is coming from. She spent time in the ER, same story, go see your normal Dr. Then the doctor calls the hospital and finds out why they didn't do anything they should have to help her. I swear if she dies because of the ER not doing their job they will have a lawsuit on their hands. Again we are in the same boat. She has another doctor's appointment on Thursday to see if they can figure out the problem. I just worry because last time this happened my mom had to choose if she was going to live or die. I know she is strong enough to fight it. 

Heart warming story of the day. 

I didn't go to the gym in the morning because my head was hurting, I was tired you know all the excuses. I didn't think much about it. I would tell the Bishop why I wasn't there today. Instead I got a text at 0618 this morning. What it said was so simple. Hey Jill, I missed you this morning. I hope you are doing okay. Have a good day. Did he know I needed a little extra love today? Did he know how much the simple text would mean to me today? Did he really know I wasn't doing okay? Did I tell him what was happening in my life, no I didn't. I told a neighbor at home who I knew would take care of my mom as she always does when I ask her to check on her. Without missing a beat at 1310 she said Does your dad need dinner? I said yes. I was going to drive home to make them dinner. I wasn't going to take away the opportunity for her to serve. I am so thankful for this sweet lady and her knowing that I was going to drive home after work to make dinner and she just said I will make dinner. It was something so small but it meant the world to me. 
 
Today I also had a student crying because they missed their adults and I told them that I did too and I wanted to cry too. I said, can we be strong together as I hugged this student, they responded to me. Ms. Dallon I can be strong for you today, you are strong for me everyday today I can be strong for you. 

I am so lucky to be a teacher and to have such an awesome class! I am so thankful for them. I am so thankful for the Bishop and my sweet neighbor who are willing to give me extra love and to help my family. I am so thankful and blessed for all the people in my life who are there for me when I need someone and when I need just a little extra love.

I am off to my next adventure. Until next time Peace Out Cub scout. Work hard, Play harder, RUN YOUR HEART OUT! Never lose sight of the end goal. Keep the Faith! Peace and Love! Over and Out!When life gets hard, drink a COKE! ðŸ˜Š 

No comments:

Post a Comment