Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Take matters into your own hands! You control your DESTINY!

 Hello Blogger Fam! 


I know you are probably thinking Jill you are late on your post for last week! You are right! I went out of town and didn't have wifi most of the weekend. Let me tell you about my adventures! 

First it all started two weeks ago when I took matters into my own hands. I called the state and talked to them about the Praxis to see if there was a different way to get my teaching certification. GUESS WHAT! They told me that I could email them all my scores and they would average them out to see if it was passing. It was for social studies but not for English but they just put a new law in place that if you have taken these courses then you can get your Praxis score waived. I had to contact my University. Long story short, the lady at the state went above and beyond to help me get it. After 7 years of taking this test I have finally got my teaching license. 

I started this process the 2nd of May and by the 10th of May I had a teaching license. I am so thankful for the Utah State Board of Education who take the time to help teachers like me reach their goals that they have been fighting for, for years! May 10th my LEA license that I was working on got expired by the state and by 3 PM that afternoon I had my Professional license. 

Just because I didn't like the answer that I got from my school of having to pay for my license. So I called and met with the state and BAM! Professional License.

Then I went with my friend to Phoenix, Arizona to drop off her cat to a new home! What a road trip! It was so fun! It was a long road trip but so worth it. We stayed in Phoenix and then went to Vegas but along the journey we stopped in some small town for breakfast! It was a cute little place called Horseshoe Cafe! It has pancakes bigger than my head, no joke! We then made it to Vegas and of course we went to the Coke Store, M&M Store and the Hershey Store! Then we went to St. George to see a coworker who helped me when I first started my teaching career. I love her and I am so thankful for her! 

I had a great weekend and week last week! I am so blessed to be who I am and to be where I am! I am so thankful for all the challenges and the struggles that it took to get me here! That is a week in review! 

Teaching is a hard job, but it is worth every minute. I love my job! I am so thankful for it! 
When life gets hard, drink a COKE! 😊

I am off to my next adventure. Until next time Peace Out Cub scout. Work hard, Play harder, RUN YOUR HEART OUT! Never lose sight of the end goal. Keep the Faith! Peace and Love! Over and Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment