I know it has been forever since I have blogged, not because I have not thought about it, I am just busy with work and then I forget. Starting in May I am going to blog once a week just about the week happenings!
The reason for this blog post today is to just let you know how I feel about the Praxis. I know that you are like Jill. We know you hate that test.Yes, but hear me out. I have taken that test many times 29 to be exact besides the point. I took it last week but this time was different. I walked in with a new sense of confidence. The sense of peace I felt as I walked into that test and the love of the Savior that I felt was different than before. I had this sense of do you trust me? Everything is going to be okay, TRUST ME! I went in knowing that I was going to pass. I walked out defeated not because I failed but knowing I missed it by one point. I didn't know if I should laugh or cry or be mad. So my solution was to go to Chick-Fila and drink a coke. I am only drinking one a week which we know is a real struggle haha! I called my mom and she said the same thing as she always does. I'm so sorry! What question and my response who knows! I then texted my Bishop and he responded "Oh no, I'm so sorry! Next time for sure." Little did I know that meant he would come and talk to me at church and tell me how sorry he was. His wife also told me that she would help me and that meant a lot. Because I am just one person in the world and yet they were willing to take the time to make me feel like I mattered!
I know people want to help but I don't know how to have them help me. I feel like I am a lost cause and that I have wasted my time and money and my parents money on this test. I have given it everything I have. I wonder if I have made the incorrect career choice. I love my job and I love my students! I love the love they have for me and the love I have for them. I feel the pure love of Christ through them everyday. I am truly lucky to be a teacher in this day and age. Is it hard, yes but it is worth every minute, every tear and every early morning at the gym!
Moral of my story, the Praxis still owns me but I am not worried about it because I know that everything is going to be okay! I am doing what I need to, to be the best teacher I can be.
I am done letting the Praxis bring me down. I can run marathons for pete sake.
The love I felt this time taking the Praxis was incredible. Just to see my fan club cheer me on and to pick up the broken pieces of devastation and no matter what I am loved! I am worth it! I am enough!
I am so thankful for the time I had to take the Praxis this past weekend because it has given me a new sense of self confidence. The test doesn't own me I OWN IT! 1 point I got this!
When life gets hard, drink a COKE! 😊
I am off to my next adventure. Until next time Peace Out Cub scout. Work hard, Play harder, RUN YOUR HEART OUT! Never lose sight of the end goal. Keep the Faith! Peace and Love! Over and Out!
No comments:
Post a Comment