What a last day I had of student teaching. I was so exited to eat lunch with my two favorite people but that didn't happen. Let me start from the beginning of the lunch. I put my lunch in the microwave and went to the restroom as I do most days. Another teacher put her easy mac in the microwave as she does everyday but today was different. We were eating lunch as usual and another teacher come in and was like someones lunch is burning. We all turn our heads and orange smoke like I have never seen before was coming from the microwave. The teacher opens it and the smoke gushes out and the smell is horrific! They start fanning the smoke so the fire alarm doesn't go off but no such luck. They take the easy mac out of the microwave and put water on it and then the fire alarm goes off. Everyone is like what do we do we have never had a fire alarm during lunch. Adventure let me tell you what. Everyone packs their lunch up and says here we go. Students were angry that they didn't get to eat and we gathered in classes and made sure we had all of our students. After the fire marshal came and make it safe to go in. Students went back to finish lunch and the microwaves went out and now we only have one. There is more than one teacher lunch is going to be rough. I got to sit by the doors to make sure no one escaped from the building while the doors were open. I also got asked if this was the place to vote and I was like no but you can go play in P.E. if you want that grandma didn't think it was funny.
I always say go big or go home and today I definitely went out with a bang! Student teaching was hard but it was worth every minute and every tear. I wouldn't change it for the world. I made some amazing friends. I was so sad to leave and say goodbye. My heart cried and my heart is sad but I know that it is my turn to fly and be on my own. Sometimes the hardest struggle is our greatest strength.
We had a party with cake and cupcakes. Students wrote me letters. Life comes at you fast and you never know what life is going to throw at you. You just have to roll with the punches take them as they come. I learned that nothing is impossible and you just have to believe in your dreams you will be able to complete anything. I learned over these past few months that you have to learn to trust people and be a team player.
I have learned to love 5th grade. The friends I have made have changed my life. Some of them with never know how much. I am so thankful for the opportunity that I had to student teach and to learn so much.
Have fun, work hard, run harder. I'm off to my next adventure. Keep the Faith! Peace out Cub Scout! Over and out until next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment