Hello Everyone!
It has been quite sometime since I have blogged. I decided today I would blog about my mission and my return home. I want to first off thank my family for supporting me as I left on the hardest, craziest, scariest thing I would ever do. I know it is what I needed to do. My family backed me up the whole time. When the going got tough and I had no one I always had my family and my father in heaven.
Many of you know my mission was hard. I didn't get along with my mission president. He hated me but when I was out about 14 months I got a letter that changed my mission and my life. I didn't serve a mission for the mission president, I didn't serve for me I served for Christ! I tracted a ton I worked hard. -25 I was out walking freezing but spreading the gospel. I made a difference in someone's life even if it was just my own. I had many companions I disliked most of them I loved three of them. I know that I needed them in my life when they came and I am glad they left when they did. I had to send my best friend home. She was sick it broke my heart. I cried many days. I missed her so much! She was my rock when I was having a hard time she was there to make me feel better. She built me up when I was at ground zero. She is a wonderful daughter of our Heavenly Father. She didn't need me I needed her. I love her!
I then got another Amazing Sister. She is a hard worker very loving and taught me how to love unconditionally. She didn't need me I needed her. She was there for me when my best friend left she became one of my best friends. I love her so much! I am so glad I got to serve with her!
There was a sister in the mission who spread rumors about me and it was really hard for me to get over. They all thought I was a monster. I am just Jill Dallon I get ornery when I am hungry. I had a companion flip the table on me yet again I had no one but I had my family. One of my dear friends mom said Jill you can do this it shall pass. She was right she knew what it was like to be in my shoes. She always said no matter what Heavenly Father loves you.
I didn't serve a mission to return and say I had. I did it because I knew it was right and I needed to go. I went because I love Jesus with all my heart. I know that he loves me because he answers my prayers all the time even the silent ones. I am not perfect but I know through the atonement of Jesus Christ we can be forgiven of our sins and be made clean.
I know the Church is true no matter where you go. Fargo North Dakota, Box Elder South Dakota, Casper Wyoming, Brigham City Utah it is the same everywhere it is Christ true church. I love this gospel and I am so blessed I got to serve a mission even though it was hard and miserable at times. I am becoming the person my Heavenly Father needs me to become. Missions are hard but they are worth it.
Off to my next adventure until next time! Peace out Cub Scout! Keep the Faith!
No comments:
Post a Comment