Monday, August 20, 2012

What I learned this summer!

This summer I learned what a best friend really is. Not one who says hey best friend we will find time to get ice cream and not mean it. No that is not a best friend. Not one who says hey when you come down let me know and we can hang out never happens. Nope that is not a best friend either. I understand you get busy but stop making me promises that are never going to come true. Don't mess with my feelings anymore, I am done! I am not a door mat! I am awesome you may not see it but my real best friend does!
Real best friend just hugs you when you are in tears they say pull over its okay we are going to get through this not your its we! You can walk up and down main street and laugh. You can say dude I don't feel good and they say okay what can I do for you. You say I don't know you end up in the ER to have your appendix removed. I text you and say surgery you say I am on my way! Then they are at your house after work with your favorite things. Yup that is my best friend!
My best friend screams Jill I missed you and we run and hug. Then we laugh because we squeezed each other to tight.
My best friend never makes me promises they don't plan to keep. I can trust them and know that no matter what everything is safe with them. we laugh together we cry together. Call my best friend in tears she comes over no questions. We can sit in the car and not say one word to each other and then we just start laughing together. Yup that is a best friend!
Not some one who makes promises and breaks them. Nope someone who truly cares. They don't even care what you look like they just say hey I am coming to get you and you go. Yup that is a best friend!
When you move away your best friend is the one who text you when your favorite song comes on, then you sing along to it and life is good.
Finding a best friend is hard to do! But I am sure glad I have my best friends! I love you Branae and Morgan and Kortney! Love my girls!!!
Valuable lesson I learned on main street while weeding! You know you have a best friend when they change there plans to be with you.
Lesson learned until next time I am going on another adventure not to far. But soon! Peace out cub scout!

2 comments: