Saturday, January 21, 2012

Half Marathons

Rain Rain go away I want to run in the SUNSHINE! Rain you didn't scare me rain or shine I am running never forget it!
I ran my second half marathon today without my cheering squad. That was okay because I didn't want to make them stand out in the rain. It was the St. George Half. I met a familiar face there and she said "I didn't think I would see a face I knew" I said oh yes, she proceed to ask me questions and I was like I live here now she was like I must of missed that I was like no worries. She is one wise lady, she gave me this advice before she left my side. She said "I don't run to be competitive I run to finish the race." I realised today that it doesn't matter some races are better than others but no matter what to my cheering section I am always first. I then proceeded to run and get muddy and have fun. Running is fun and games until mud gets involved then it is war to see who gets most muddy.
Once I finished and found my hoodie in a puddle I proceeded to go home I got a text from my best friend that said "Good Luck Best Friend I wish I could be there." Oh I know she would of been if she didn't have to work. We got my iPod ready for the race last night and this morning she sent me just running.
I am pretty sure that won't be my last half but at least for today it will. Running is fun and games always. The first eight miles easy the ninth and tenth get tricky once you hit ten you only got a 5k left and that is nothing!
Running is one of the best thing that has ever happened to me! I am so glad that I started when I was a freshman in high school because I wouldn't be running without it.
Run your heart out and follow your dreams! Until next time I am off to another adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment